Friday, November 14, 2014

That Lady... With More Typicality

Well, I am on the road again, sitting just south of Boston, at a MacDonald's travel plaza. Ya gotta hand it to MacDonalds, offering free WiFi, with no obligation to buy anything and no hassle sitting here for hours.  As I check my email, I see that Lady is back again with her instructional responses to my commentary. However, she does illicit more rhetoric from me. It seems this is my only available form of reply.. damn it. Is that because this is the only understandable form of communication. It wastes so much time. It is my fault. I enable it of myself and others. I cannot get by the walls of typicality and redundancy, without being rude...? But, I find language so, so tedious, so uninspiring. The art of language is hard to find. Though definitely existent, it is under duress, as in all aspects of modern life, in architecture, song and dance, politics, thought, action, raison d'etre 

I watch that poor girl, here at this MacDonald's, go around that plaza floor about every 10 minutes washing those same tables and sweeping those same floor spots, where no one sat or walked... so the boss can see she is busy. I guess I have been here too long... time to move on. So, "with no further ado, here is" that Lady. And I will go on to visit Grandma Nellie.


Lady

…to be honest, I'm still not sure what you were trying to say in that post.

You have to assume the reader hasn't been following your thoughts prior to your writing it. I understand what you were saying about Rex and the CBC. I agree. After that you lost me.

All writing leaves an impression. Be clear what you wish to impress upon people with your words.

Facebook is not a good venue for anything longer than a cryptic sentence.

Hope this helps.

 

Rod

Yes, so true. That is either the fault of the writer or the reader. That I have not yet figured out. My expectations are not high of the reader given the centuries of entrenched, cleverly devised mind control mechanisms... for example, Christianity, generically speaking. Now, that is one brilliantly successful advertising campaign... not yet successfully modeled upon by modern myth makers... with millions of book sales and trinket icons trashing up earth space.

I have no expectations or disappointments with Facebook. It is what it is... a profoundly vacuous social media outlet, that is obviously an important instrument of star narcissistic connectedness, However, occasionally an important event emerges, of some social significance.

Since you have not included the email to which you refer, I am a bit limited as to a full response, without assumptions. However, my objective in all writing and art is to achieve a profound level of ambiguity... far from the death throws of rhetorical reaction... the ambiguity that leaves the observer in that tantalizing state of wonderment. That is a high ideal but, not outside the realm of the possible, as there are numerous successful achievements in this regard. Leonardo De Vinci imagined humans could fly. Today, we are not only flying around in jet planes but we have just landed a space probe on a comet, 300 million miles away from earth. That boggles the imagination. Mozart has written music that is as powerful today as when he wrote it and it still inspires new/creative music, as in our own great Glen Gould, even from elements that Mozart himself did not see in his own creations. I am listening to Kurt Vonnegut and understand little of his brilliant gibberish yet, he inspires me.

I think the language of words should not intend to instruct but, to inspire. I find reading often results in phrases or words, that rise out of intellectual context for me but, not to what the writer may have intended. Those phrases or words take me into a whole new realm of thinking and I may never get back to that book or paper. It has served a purpose for me, has triggered a new thought that connects me to the genetic library of human evolution. From the emergence of that first cell of life, in that cesspool of toxic chemicals, 3.5 billion years ago, our cells have stored billion and billions of genetic memories, which continue to influence human behaviour to this day. I am trying to tap into that but, not by conscious dismissal, rather by investigating states of emotion or those disconnected feelings that appear in my mind or body without explanation or understanding. We all experience them but, let them pass or employ a psychologist to provide us with an answer (most often his or her faulty assumption, at best).

My new work of art, A SAD MAN, appeared to me in this way, I believe, from that genetic library. And it is connected to instinctive evolution, with new element/ideas attaching themselves by the hour, to the original idea. What is the SAD MAN. He is a man evolving or digressing from social predator to eunuch. In physical reality : A SAD MAN will be a life size sculpture of a man, loaded with subtle, ambiguous, literal and nuanced visual elements, that may declare the state of the modern male psychic. Let’s see where this will go on the Miami art scene.

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment