Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Rats of Cyber Street

The Rats of Cyber Street

Let me explain the following Facebook exchange for those who do not live in Canada. A little over a week ago one of Canada's most famous radio host celebrities, Jian Ghomeshi, was swiftly fired from his job because of allegations of sexual violence against some women. This has now become a wide spread departure point for social media debate on the matter of violence against women in general.. This is good. But, I see a shit load of "knee jerk" reactions in the media. So, I had my say...



Rod Malay

18 hrs ago ·



When The Rats Jump Ship

Rex Murphy… another CBC wreck, another CBC rat swimming ashore from the Ghomeshi ship with enough hypocrisy to sink the ship. I listened to Rat Rex last night with disgust as he fed, like the other CBC parasites, on the carcass of Jian… insidious commentary.

You rats all raised him up on his great stead, fashioning him and then hung onto his celebrity coat tails for your vicarious glory…. Self aggrandizement… with your dicks on fire!

Take a look into your rear view mirrors … see the ugly, moralizing, cowardly face looking back at you. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You get no respect from me. I am not sucked into your ingenuous, ranting, rhetorical hypocrisy .

Grow up, get real…!!!

I once had a relationship with a woman who “took the proverbial bull by the horn”. We had rough sex, while I stripped her forcefully and we made love, and we made love!. It was exciting… for both of us. We did it again and again. She initiated it and taught me the ART of it. There were no victims.

Did you ever slap a dog on the ass… it will stand there, no matter how hard you slap and it will come back for more. The sting of the slap on the bare ass is sexually exciting… it is art, artful foreplay. And it is not sadomasochism, not perversion, not a sickness. There is something primal in that action. And I do not apologize for it.

And where are you, you practitioners of the ART, as Ghomeshi goes down in the “Ring of Fire” Speak up! Speak out against the rats.

Rod Malay
rod_malay@hotmail.com







Anastasia Akasha Kaur: since when is assault the "art" you speak of. no one is appalled by bdsm. we are appalled and saying it is not okay for someone to beat the shit out of a woman.
16 hrs · Like · 1

Cathy Jones..guess you missed the part where he sucker punched women who had just walked in the door, its the law that smacking someone or punching them in the head cannot be consensual , by the way- and these women had no interest in getting smacked in the head . it wasn't a smack on the ass or even a worked up sex play rape scene, not a fun exchange, or even consensual rough sex- roddy- Jian G was violent to many women and a creep.hes pretty fucked up. you can kill people by smothering choking and slamming them in the head. just saying.
10 hrs · Edited · Like · 1

Carol Sinclair: I hate the way allegations are immediately gobbled up as facts. I hated the deifying of the guy and I hate the demonizing.
3 hrs · Like · 1

Rod Malay: Well...Anastasia and Cathy... you missed the point of my comment. Read it again and see if you can conclude that I agree with anyone who hits a woman. I did not use the words "art and assault" in the same breath, nor the word "assault" at all and certainly not as an inextricable partnership. However, if you should read Jean Genet... you might find an interesting psychological point of view on the relationship between victim and the murderer. That is if you can lay aside, for the moment, the frightening social forces that control thinking. And I did not say that Ghomeshi was not a violent man. Think about what you are writing and what you listen to and interpret from the propaganda machine. And contemplate the metaphoric rhetoric, that is loaded with social control... the rhetoric that is so entrenched in our psyche that it can trigger wars in an instance and guilt without conviction.


Carol Sinclair: Two minute attention spans.

27 mins · Like


Gale Brown: We live in a society that vilifies the accused in public, and then our legal system allows vilification of the victims of date assault in the courtroom. No wonder why only 1-2% of date assault is reported. The CBC's excessive coverage of this 'story' is self-serving, but is encouraged by a public that gobbles it up. The real burden remains with us to change a system that results in 98-99% of date assault to be unreported.

17 mins · Like

Rod Malay: Yeah my dear friends!!!

3 mins · Like

Rod Malay: And that "burden" is profoundly rich with social constructs and well worth investigation.

Rod Malay: Well... I just received a call from a dear (near lost friend) with a great concern about my "anger", as expressed in my commentary, "When the Rats Jump Ship". I was actually quite surprised... never thought of it as "anger". In thinking about her caring observation, I am wondering if this is another of the powerful messages deeply embedded in the propaganda of social constructs.... a fear of words perhaps... a fear of boldness. Actually, I thought I was being poetically humorous. I actually enjoy playing with words. I come from a simple culture, where my mother used simple, rhetorical colloquialisms to express herself. Let me tell you this story about her. Long ago in the Corn Flake boxes there were little gifts, to provide incentives to buy. One of their campaigns was inserting large plates, Melmac dinner plates... "Unbreakable" was their slogan. My mother was challenged... "I can break those goddamn things" and took them out doors and smashed them, with all her might, against the bedrock. Three times she tried, with more frustration and embarrassment in each throw. She had to give up... couldn't break them.

30 mins · Like



Rod Malay: Are there others who read my comment as "anger"?

22 mins · Like

Rod Malay:They are rats

21 mins · Like


Rod Malay: You know it and I know it. We gotta shake Mr. Scratch off!!!

21 mins · Like

 Rod Malay: My mother was my greatest language mentor.

19 mins · Like

Rod Malay: Okay.... I am going back to my blog writing: THE RATS OF CYBER STREET... will finish this installation sometime today. Close your eyes. But, take a peek and you will learn a bit more about my concern for the anguish of woman, the world over.
 

 
Cucaracha
Fiber glass
They cover her face,
from public view
and
wrap her arms
behind her back,
so they can breed human
cockroaches for their boxes,
stacked up
in urban condo hills,
then 
to force feed
genetically modified,
cucaracha grub
from the
Monsanto formula
to line their pockets
with more gold,
while they
militarize their castles and
build concrete security
Walls

.
 
 
 
 



Joan's Passion
Oil on Canvass
.

Those horned old despots

Burned her at the stake

For their jollies

While clothed

In the sanctity and the

Authority of their cross

Then they beatified her

But she was not a saint

She was a genius

Of a higher etiquette

.
 
Grass Skirt
Oil on Canvas
 
 
 
River Woman
Oil on canvass
 
 
 
All the paintings and sculpture here, and in fact all the images in this entire blog site are my original works of art (unless otherwise noted).
 
In three days, I am again leaving my Jasper Bog sanctuary, heading out to the Miami art scene for the winter. Creating a "celebrity" out of my Russian/Georgian friend... well actually, helping her (with her English) on her mission to get her health and beauty care license. But, she really does have a showbiz talent... the "American Dream" really could be hers for the taking.
 
On the way south, I will of course be visiting my dear Grandma Nellie, along with many wonderful cousins on route. But, the sun may be a bit cold, as the meteorologists are predicting freezing "arctic" weather next week... as far down as North Florida. It may be slow going...
 
Selamat Tinggal
 
Rod
 
rod (underscore)@hotmail.com
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment